IOS CONDOLENCE ON THE DEMISE OF DR. ABDUL HAMID A. ABU SULAYMAN
We, at Institute of Objective Studies, New Delhi, India, are grieved to learn about the passing away of Dr. Abdul Hamid A. Abu Sulayman, former rector, International Islamic University, Malaysia, (IIUM), former President, International Institute of Islamic Thought, (IIIT), USA, and the first secretary general of World Assembly of Muslim Youth, Riyadh, KSA.
Inna Lillahi wa Inna Ilaihi Rajewoon!!
I knew Dr. Abdul Hamid A. Abu Sulayman (Abu Ayman) since last 40 years. He appointed me as IIUM's Chief Representative in India while he was Rector of the IIUM. He was closely associated with the Institute of Objective Studies and its activities and programmes since its inception. I can never forget his love and affection towards me and his contributions for the Institute of Objective Studies. He was an ocean of knowledge. I always treated him as my guru (master) for his extraordinary qualities as a thinker, scholar and a revolutionary in the field of Islamic thought.
Some of his important publications included:
1. Parent-Child Relations: A Guide to Raising Children, Washington: IIIT, 2013.
2. The Qur'anic Worldview: A Springboard for Cultural Reform, Washington: IIIT, 2011.
3. Revitalizing Higher Education in the Muslim World, Washington: IIIT, 2007.
4. Marital Discord: Recapturing the Full Islamic Spirit of Human Dignity, Washington: IIIT, 2003.
5. Crisis in the Muslim Mind (Trans. Yusuf Talal DeLorenzo), Washington: IIIT, 1993.
6. Towards an Islamic Theory of International Relations, Washington: IIIT, 1993. etc etc.
A genuine human being with deep commitment for the cause of Islamic thought and profound knowledge. In Prof. Abu Sulayman, we have lost a remarkable scholar, a talented thinker, and above all an honest and caring guru (master). It is a personal loss to me and the Institute of Objective Studies.
May Allah Subhana’hu Ta’ala accept all his good deeds and bless him with His choicest place in the heaven, and grant sabr to all in the family and give them all strength to bear this irreparable loss, Aameen.
Dr. Mohammad Manzoor Alam
Chairman, Institute of Objective Studies, New Delhi (India)